KJ's Music Blog

Music - Passion - Love - Inspiration - Vocal

24 March 2009

Talking Country Music

One of my favorite country singers, Martina McBride's new album Shine is out now. First single, Ride is so up to the nerves, starting off intro with strong electric guitar, with its very own Martina McBride-ish inspirational lyrics "life is a roller coaster ride, time turns the wheel and love collides...", it's a 5-star typical, inspirational country music. Other songs like Walk away and Lies are songs which I strongly recommend. But I'm a bit disappointed that this new album didn't really have good tracks to stick along with for a long period of time. Unlike Martina's previous album Waking Up Laughing in 2007 having massive tracks like Anyway and How I feel.

Long-awaited Martina McBride's new album, Shine finally out.

American Idol newest farewell song Home Sweet Home by Carrie Underwood is another very nice song to say. This song is actually a cover and is originally recorded by Mötley Crüe.Talking American Idol, I must not forget about last week's Country Grand Ole Opry's Week,Matt Giraud and Danny Gokey are my favorites, they both sang Carrie Underwood's. So Small by Matt was really really good, Jesus Take The Wheel by Danny was quite okay, but his voice is undoubtedly great. I was quite surprise that Scott MacIntyre and Lil Rounds doing Martina's Wild Angels and Independence Day, Scott was great but Lil Rounds doing Independence Day was a bit strange, like what one of the judges, Kara DioGuardi said, she should have picked powerful country like Last Name and Before He Cheats. I think Grand Ole Opry's week was just my cup of tea, love country music so much!

My favorites in this season, (clockwise) Danny Gokey, Matt Giraud, and Allison Iraheta.

xoxo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your favorites are mine too! Cool. I'd say my top favorite is Matt Giraud, then Danny and Allison. Matt just melts me when he sings and plays piano; I love his soulful voice and there's a sexiness about him. Danny has that voice I love, a little bit like David Cook but different. And I love Allison's rocker voice. She does remind me of Kelly Clarkson a bit... and that's a very good thing! I'm starting to believe that Matt could have a shot at this thing, but it's a long shot because I think the strong favorites with the hugemongous fan bases are Danny and Adam. I don't care for Adam's singing, I mean he seems like a nice guy and all, just not my cup of tea thank you.

sTevE McChiCkeN said...

Ya,i definitely agree with what you said. Matt and Danny have the x factor,Allison's both voice and appearance look much alike Kelly Clarkson, she's so lovable and Lord, she's only 16,long way to go.Ya,like last season David Archuleta,Adam got a huge fan base,but he's just not that type I like.Our taste is definitely the same,which is good.