KJ's Music Blog

Music - Passion - Love - Inspiration - Vocal

14 November 2008

Inspiring Pieces

Today is a very inspiring day. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be so encouraging without music. As always, I'm here to share my fave music again, songs that brought me along my life and keep telling me believing myself. Powerful inspiring song can make people goose bumping and feel so positive. I mean for me it's like a magic, such strength flows under your skin, feels like a puzzle is suddenly completed.


These are the songs inspire me all times:

1. Beautiful - Christina Aguilera from the album "Stripped"

"This song is one of the greatest pop songs ever written", Simon Cowell said. I totally agree. I must admit that Christina Aguilera's songs are all great for me. But this one is her icon, a song for every single discouraging and unconfident people out there. "I am beautiful, no matter what they say, words can't bring me down..."
Inspiring rate: 98%

2. The Voice Within - Christina Aguilera from the album "Stripped"


Yeap, Christina again. This song kicked off my love to Christina, this is the first song I heard from her. Not "Genie in a bottle" nor "What a girl wants", but this. "When there's no one else look inside yourself, like your oldest friend just trust the voice within..." This tells me to be a true believer, believe in yourself.
Inspiring rate: 95%

3. Anyway - Martina McBride from the album "Waking Up Laughing"

Country music is always inspiring. If country music can contribute a lesson, I think it's moral education. "You can pour your soul out singing a song believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang, sing it anyway..." The lyric is awesome, it writes my heart out, do anything anyway though you already knew the consequences.
Inspiring rate: 95%

4. I Believe - Fantasia Barrino from the album "Free Yourself"

This used to be my personal theme song in 2004. I love the arrangement of song especially the bridge part. "I believe in the impossible, if I reach deep within my heart, overcome any obstacles won't let this dream fall apart, see I strive to be the very best, show my life for all to see, 'cause everything is possible when you believe..." You can also try the version by Diana DeGarmo and Syesha Mercado.
Inspiring rate: 90%

5. Freckles - Natasha Bedingfield from the album "Pocketful Of Sunshine"

When talking about Natasha Bedingfield, you might only know her "Pocketful Of Sunshine" or her very famous Pantene commercial song "Unwritten". This piece is from her newest album "Pocketful Of Sunshine". A very meaningful phrase, "why waste a second not loving who you are?" Imperfection is good, it makes you beautiful, lovable, and valuable. "They show your personality inside your heart, reflecting who you are..." This song tells me not to be sad if there's a remark on me because that's me. Like what Kevin has told me, the uniqueness of me, no one can replace me. Just be myself.
Inspiring rate: 85%

6. Can't Take That Away - Mariah Carey from the album "Rainbow"


This is Mariah Carey's theme song. An inspiring beginning "They can say anything they want to say, try to bring me down but I will not allow anyone to suceed hanging cloud over me..." Similar to "Beautiful", no matter how people think or say about you, just follow your own way, believe the path that you initially used to take. Break all the rules and search your own niche.
Inspiring rate: 90%

7. When You Believe - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston from the album "Prince Of Eygpt Movie Soundtrack"

This song has meant a lot to me, it's a song for UTAR Talent Night 2008. We sang this together, really miss those training days. This song always makes me goosebumps. "There can be miracle when you believe, though hope is frail, it's hard to kill...You will when you believe..." Everytime my mp3 shuffles to this song, to the intro of the song I'll be so emotional, 'cause it brings a lot of memories, sweet one.
Inspiring rate: 95%

8. So Small - Carrie Underwood from the album "Carnival Ride"


Another country music, the title "so small" has never like what it means, the lyric is so "big". When things around hassle you a lot, bear in mind the people who love you, your family, your friends, your loved one. This song teaches you to look things around calmly, after it's gone, you'll notice it doesn't seem that big enough to swallow you whole and makes you do not able to see the other good things. "When you figure out love is all that matters after all, it sure makes everything else seem so small..."
Inspiring rate: 95%

No comments: