KJ's Music Blog

Music - Passion - Love - Inspiration - Vocal

10 November 2008

What's in my mp3?

Just had a short conversation with Yoke Fong in this afternoon before my Public Speaking mid-term test, she recalled me how did I change my view of seeing or listening to music. It's been 2 years ago I started my English song singing. I can still remember the song "The Voice Within" by Christina Aguilera had changed my direction of singing and the way listening to song. That was an American Idol night, I sat and watched the show with about 20 people in TV room at Millenium Court, listening to Katharine McPhee singing the song. I was like becoming more insane after listening to Christina's rendition. This song has changed my life of music and meant a lot to me.

2006, a dramatical change to my mp3. All true vocals are in my mp3 until today.

11 November @ What's in my mp3?

1. Halo - Beyonce

Newest single by Beyonce apart from her new hit "If I Were A Boy". I got so impressed by the intro, the combination of piano and beats. Its casual and easy-to-remember "Halo.." is another good thing about this song. Not to forget Beyonce's voice, I love the part Beyonce does the "Halo" when she ends up the word with falsetto. I'm sure this is gonna be another great hit from her.

2. Take A Bow - Leona Lewis
Put aside Leona's smash hit "Bleeding Love" and "Take A Bow" by Rihanna, this song is another R&B piece by Leona. This is the last song I stick up from the album, Spirit, kinda difficult to digest the song at first. Her powerful voice hit a G5 for the song in full voice and whistle notes in 3.35. This is a great vocal materpiece.

3. How Far - Martina McBride
A country song by a 4-time Country Music Awards (CMA) Best Female Vocalist of the Year, Martina McBride. This song is damn hard to sing, especially the first sentence of the chorus part, a sudden jump off of an octave "how FAR...", not only about to hit the note but also need to maintain the power. That's not easy, 'cause as the pitch goes higher, our voice will tend to go sharper (an opposition of powerful voice).

Hope you guys can give these songs a try.

xoxo.

No comments: