KJ's Music Blog

Music - Passion - Love - Inspiration - Vocal

21 November 2008

A standing ovation performance

I spent almost my whole day surfing Youtube today, finding inspiration for our demonstrative speech and of course watching my favorite live performances. I've watched Mariah Carey latest performance in UK X-Factor, she sang her international hit "Hero", her voice was so awful, she was like trying to hit the notes and did a bundle of flats which is gosh! she couldn't sing live since she has strained too much with her voice, feel bad for her.

So, here comes my fave Christina Aguilera in 49th Grammy Awards performance. This was a performance tributing to Prince of Black Soul, James Brown, she sang Brown's trademark song "It's a man's world" which earned standing ovation. She has true lung, babe!


At the end, Jamie Foxx was like "Wow, this white chick can sing".

This is one of the most mind-blowing live performances I've ever witnessed. I swear I've watched this for a zillion times. What kinda woman is this? How could she sing like that? Salute for Xtina. You rock!! Love ya.


xoxo.

No comments: