KJ's Music Blog

Music - Passion - Love - Inspiration - Vocal

06 April 2009

Memories of Sarawak

Okay, now. Here's the time I can actually post some of the pictures which I think interesting on my Kuching trip (poor me, can only upload these after a week!).

(Not in order)
This is actually Sarawak River, a sampan was there, too beautiful to describe.


Another sampan (upper). Oh god! look at the sky, so beautiful (bottom).


Fishball in Sarawak is damn tiny. Look at the contrast with a small lime, even smaller. (This is Kolok Mee, very famous in Sarawak, actually same as our Wan Tan Mee)


You see my playable mom imitating the Celcom banner behind. (Not look alike lor, mom)


Omg, this kinda grocery store can still be found in Sarawak.


The legendary of butter in Sarawak. Butter is sold like this in the grocery store. I was like "WHAT?!" when I saw this, honestly.


The Indian Mosque lies in the Indian Street, where that old grocery store located.


Way back to KL, it's about to rain. Crashing those clouds made me having some fun in the flight.


How should I read this? From left to right? or right to left. I then figured out it's actually “郑合合发公司”, otherwise there are some characters lost in between but it doesn't make sense.


"Climb every mountain..."


Flower in Kuching airport?! What's the big deal? Heard my dad say this is the flower of "Iron plant"(direct translated from 铁树), it's rare to see its flower. We got to see, it's our luck.


This is a saloon. Yeah, you hear me right, this is a chinese saloon. I was like "So unbelievable!", this kinda saloon still exist in Malaysia. Go Sarawak for history.


Another word conflict, there are a lot of possibilities. 车餐快馆餐?快餐车餐馆?or 快餐餐馆车?Haha! Of course it is 快餐车餐馆.


The one and only Cat Musuem on earth, it's in Kuching.


Look at the road sign, I can see chinese word. Rare or impossible to see in West Malaysia.


You can hardly see car plate which starts with "Q" in West Malaysia. That's why I took this picture.


Kuching City.


A small island outlook from airplane.


A failed capture of birds flying, okay. I must admit that this is snapped with my only 3.2 MP cellphone. I deserve this.


What a sunset.


I thought my lunch would be like this (upper), who knows this was what I get (bottom). (Three lines on my head)


On my first flight.


Reflection is awesome.

Travelling Sarawak was such a great experience, people in Sarawak have slower pace than we have here, everything done not in hurry. No horn in the road means peace of mind. Sun rises and sets a little bit earlier than West Malaysia. If you get bored with your flooded shopping experience and the noisy city, come Sarawak to wash away all the tenses. You're gonna miss their life.

xoxo.

2 comments:

JyiN said...

those grocery store and the saloon u can found in terengganu as well lor~~ sure still exist, its a culture ler.haha. u r so SAN BA~
the photos, u sure u use ur phone to snap 1? looks pro lor

sTevE McChiCkeN said...

haha..yala..i'm san ba..then u mar stay at san ba place lor??haha..yaya..snap wif my phone one..i never expect i could get this kinda quality..