KJ's Music Blog

Music - Passion - Love - Inspiration - Vocal

04 July 2008

Singing sharing:The way I like music

Everybody around me knows I love music, that is why I love singing. For me, I truly believe music and singing are arts, 'cause there are no particular ways for 'em, we can make music and enjoy anyway we'd love to, sing our own style and play with our own skills. I hate rules, that's the reason I love music and singing a lot.

I don't mean to be cocky here, but I must admit that I know a lot about singing, I love to listen to people singing, I could only stick to one song for a whole day, play it over and over again just to listen to the skills that the singer has used in the song, and then its lyrics and emotions. Tell you what, I'm kinda dumb in the sense of music, I bought a music album, I might not kinda in love with a song at first heard, but I might tell you recently I love an old song after 2 years that's actually one of the collection in the CD. It's worthy for me buying a music album as I can stick to it for up to 2 years. Like Rene Liu's 2004 album "听说"(over heard...), I'm still stick to some of the songs in it and never ever feel sick whenever listening to it for over 4 years. Time has paid everything I possess, I spend at least 5 hours a day for song listening.

Some singers, I mean those who sing, not supposedly a whole-packaged artist, spend their whole life to hit some big notes in order to impress listeners. I personally don't think this is a great thing to do in singing, singing is the way we enjoy and interpret ourselves. I love hitting those big notes is because the consideration of singing skills but not to only impressing someone. But very funny to say that high note is the factor excites me, always. What I think is we must first to catch your tune, soul and emotions(foundation of the art of singing) up before working on these high notes, c'mon, at least. That's an equation that I always keep in my mind:

Vocal(voice) + Techniques(skills) + Emotions(feelings) = A good singer/song.
I believe everyone's stepping forward to another perception level of music or singing. A good eureka really needs a lotta time. Let's improving together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who say you are cocky...
you are just like a walking music encyclopedia...lol